Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Weekend excitement...

Okay, so I was able to escape from lovely Burley and go visit my Utah family and a few friends over the weekend! Thanks Tracy and John for letting us crash and hang out. They were having Stake Conference and Elder Quentin L. Cook, one of the 12 Apostles was presiding! I was able to meet him and hear his council and boy, was it awesome! We also had a family dinner at Tracy's so I could catch up with not only Tracy's awesome family, but also with Debbie and Matt, Ben and Nadja, Tiffany and their cute kids! Thanks everyone for traveling and visiting!

Also, my dad was just put in as bishop of a Young Student Adult ward in St. George! Craziness, huh? Good luck Pops! I guess you really don't need it...you've done it before, but now it's just the "young 'uns". They'll love you! Actually, it sounds like they already do! We'll keep you and your new responsibilities in our prayers!

11 comments:

Ruuddudes said...

Love the backdrop change! And I'm jealous that you got to go family-visiting! Were you able to see Keefy??? You didn't mention him. PLEASE don't tell me you missed him again...

Karmen said...

Oh, he had to change his plans and come the weekend before! I had already changed everything for this weekend (teaching, games, etc.) plus we had a 3 day weekend from school THIS weekend for Pres. day! I had a great chat with him though!

val said...

Wish we were there too! Sounds like a fun weekend. I was thinking the same thing when you didn't mention Keith...did she miss him again? We better have a reunion soon, huh?

Summer said...

Karmen, you have such a cute blog and SUCH a cute family! I'm glad to see you've entered the blogging world and I find that I have lots in common with your cute girls: I LOVE to make cards, eat artichokes and strawberries. What else is there really?

Traci said...

What a fun trip! I am actually going home too at the end of the week to see fam and also for a girls trip!

Doney Days said...

I'm glad you got to come to Utah, but I wish we could have seen you! That's exciting about your dad. He'll be awesome! Love the changes to your blog! Love ya!

Sondra said...

That's great that you were able to spend some time with your sisters. I love Tracy and her husband John was so nice when we saw them at the reunion in Kodachrome Basin.

Jared and Steph Gunn said...

Escaping this Idaho cold are you sis.... Hope you had a great time. you shoulda took guppy too!!!! Take care. Im watching you!

MikeG Family said...

It was so fun to see you and your girlies! We missed Brian, but since Mike was tied up with his own family here at home, I guess it's okay that Brian was stuck at home, too! We hope to come visit, soon!

Camille said...

Hey Karmen! Oh that is so fun you were able to have a family get together! That is awesome about your dad, thanks for letting us know!

{Quellie} said...

Hey Karmen, It's Kellie again!! I tried to send you an e-mail, but I am not sure if you got it. I was glad to see that you mentioned that your dad is still in St. George because we would like to get in contact with him. Is there anyway you could send me his phone # or e-mail as well as his address? That would be wonderful! You can send it to kelzinga@cox.net. Thanks again and CUTE blog! ~Kellie