Sunday, February 3, 2008

My selfish reasons...

I know most people were happy when President Hinckley passed away (so he could be with his wife, family, past prophets, etc.)but I have to admit that I was very saddened and bummed because our Twin Falls Temple is almost completed and he was going to be here for the Youth Celebration and Temple Dedication. You see, I'm serving in the Young Women program and my daughter will be turning 12 this year, and our stake is one of the few stakes that were going to have breakfast with the prophet before the Youth Celebration that precedes the Dedication. So Briana and I were going to have a once in a lifetime experience with President Hinckley! Now I feel guilt for my selfish reasons. Yes, I'm bummed, but I will hold my head up high and try to remember that President Hinckley is in a better place with those he loves and I will be blessed to have the new Prophet here when the Twin Falls Temple is dedicated...

3 comments:

Ruuddudes said...

Oh, Karmen! That really would've been such a special moment for your Stake! I don't think it is selfish at all... By any chance is President Monson going to take over and do it instead? Hope so!

Katrina said...

Hi Karmen, (I love your name by the way.) I was sad too. I was of course happy for all the reasons you mentioned, but I will sure miss him. I'm sorry President Hinckley won't be at your temple dedication. I do hope President Monson will be there. I'm sure as we get to know him, we will grow to love him too.

Sondra said...

I don't blame you one bit. That would've been very special. I've been sad and missing him also. I remember when Tiff (my daughter) and I went to a Young Women's conference in the huge new conference center. He was so far away from us that we could only really see him because of the big screens that are set up in there. But we were tickled knowing that we were in the same room with our beloved prophet. Even if the room was hugemongous! He's that special.

I love you Karmen.