Monday, June 23, 2008

Girls Camp...Done and over with...

I spent last week with a bunch of Young Women in the great outdoors...it was a fun and spiritual experience, but boy, is it great to be back home! We had 20 girls and 4 leaders from our ward (about 100 girls in the stake) with a jungle theme..."It's a jungle out there; you've got to be steadfast and immovable..." This year it was stake camp and seriously, it was the most organized Girls Camp I've ever seen!
We did so many fun things (rappelling, game shows {Don't forget the Lyrics}, contests between bishops, tie-dyed socks, archery, skits, etc.) as well as many testimony building activities (devotionals, night hike, missionary moments, trust falls, etc.) I didn't have time to miss my girls back at home! Here's a few picts from the week...yes, that's me with a bandanna on my head...it sure beats having to worry about fixing my hair while camping!

11 comments:

Rina said...

I love girl's camp. I'm jealous. I'd love to go.
Sounds like it was a success!
And the bandana is OHH! so stylish!

Traci said...

How fun! Girls camp brings back so many memories!
Looks like you guys had a great time and nice weather. Now remind me, do you teach in YW or was this a camp calling?

val said...

Karm, it looks and sounds like you all had a blast! I'm glad you survived another busy week...with more to come I'm sure! How fun for all you sisters of mine that got to go to girls' camp!

Kessee said...

Karmen, you are so much fun. I bet the girls in your ward adore you. I wish I was there with you, however I don't know about the leopard print bandana, but I agree with you on the fixing of the hair while camping. Looks like camp was a success. :)
Ang

Deb-t said...

That was the best part of camp for me last year....finding hats and bandanas and all sorts of things to wear on my head! Fixing hair is OUT at camp! The crazier the better anyway. You look great in yours! I better see it on you at the reunion! Briana just missed camp this year, huh? Sad!

Camille said...

Oh I miss going to girls camp! Sounds like you had a blast! I'm positive you were one awesome leader for those girls!

Rina said...

I am a sap at heart. So thanks for the sappy request. I loved it! And I'm SO happy for your email.

Tracy Beckett said...

Cute pictures--I'm glad your camp was so great! I loved ours too--we are lucky to be able to still go to girls camp...Anyway, good job! Can't wait for the reunion...

Karmen said...

What are you saying Ang?! You don't like my bandanna?! And I thought we were friends...

Doney Days said...

You Campbells girls and girls camp. You guys are always involved with it and it's totally you guys. Of course you're always a blast to have there so I'm sure you had fun! Love the bandana!

Kitty said...

Sounds like fun!