Thursday, May 1, 2008

Kaycee's 9! (Yeah, I'm old...)

Happy May Day to all of you! Yes, it is May 1st and that means that it is Kaycee's birthday! Hip hip hooray! Nine years ago today my water broke and Kaycee came into this world (we were supposed to be at Andrew's baptism on that day, too! Sorry A.J.!)! Well, one of our traditions is to decorate the birthday girl's bedroom door so that when they awaken, they have to come through streamers and balloons to start out their day. Well, I had a long day with our Youth Temple Celebration practice (we are preparing for a huge celebration for the Twin Falls Temple Dedication) and I fell asleep on the couch downstairs. I woke up around midnight, dead tired, and realized that I hadn't decorated her door yet and I HAD to do it before morning, so thus, the hastily decorated bedroom door:

Oh, and notice that Kaycee already has her school clothes on...I didn't wake up in time to video her coming out of her room as she woke up...and she DIDN'T want to put her jammies back on just for a picture! Well, Briana gave her some more PetShops and Kelsie gave her another Tamagotchi, Grandparents spoiled her with money and Webkinz and we gave her a trampoline...yeah, you heard me, a trampoline. I'm already having nightmares of broken bones...do you remember Kaycee broke both of her arms a few years ago...no, not just one, but BOTH arms at the same time! That was from jumping off a swing, not from a trampoline, so (knock on wood) we should be okay...Okay, back to birthday stuff... Well, some friends came over for a party and spoiled her with a few more PetShops, and some other very nice gifts! We played lots of games, ate birthday cake-in-a-cone, made mini pizzas and whacked a pinata (I don't know what it is about me and pinatas lately...maybe the "karmen" in me is coming out...you know, if it's spelled with a "c", it is SO dang Spanish, or Latin, or Mexican, or, you know, pinata-like. If this is not making sense, sorry, I'm just tired, but I really wanted to post something, okay!!) Enjoy the pictures:



15 comments:

Kally said...

Ya Kaycee to be 9. Karmen you are so not old. Cute job to decorate her room at midnight, You are a good mom...maybe we should do that with our kids. Its something for them to look forward to. YAY for a trampoline, my kids would love one, but with Kody he would forsure break something. I am knocking on wood for kaycee, no more breaking any bones. Good Job and Happy Birthday, sorry we are not good with sending birthday cards, maybe some day. Love you guys!

Traci said...

Lucky girl- a trampoline!!! Love the cupcake in a cone idea- I have sen it before, but never done it!
I love parties!! Happy 9th Kaycee!

Kessee said...

Happy 9th birthday Kaycee! Looks like you had a blast. Your mom definitely knows how to have a party. It looks like you had a lot of fun. I hope you are good at sharing because I'll bet your sisters will want to jump on that tramp with you all the time. :) Karmen your girls are so pretty!! Let's get together soon. Maybe we can meet in Pocatello and go to Ross park this summer. Sound fun? Hope to talk to you soon!
Love Ya, Ang

val said...

Hola`, Hermana Carmencita, ok, that's all the spanish I remember, but you look like a hot Latin chica when you are tan! (You probably are tan from working in your garden!) Happy Birthday, Kaycee! It sounds like you had a fantastic party, especially the pinata, which is a must-have for a successful party, according to Emily! We love the cup cake cones too, but mine are always flat...like me. Good thing you woke up in time to decorate the door! Did I copy you on that, cuz its my kids favorite thing, and I don't want them to be heartbroken if they wake up without it! And so fun to get a tramp! My kids were asking for one too.. We want to come sleep out on it sometime! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Sorry, this got so long, I might as well count it as a post....Happy 9th, Kaycee! Karissa is 20 days behind you, so I'm older with a 9 year old...what does that mean?

val said...

P.S. I was enjoying your song, "Stop and Stare", but then to comment it goes away, so all this long typing and I had nothing to listen to...make your comments a 'pop-up' and then I can comment while still rocking out to your music.... :)

Lyndsay said...

KARMEN, you are such a cute mom. Love the tradition of door decorating- I may have to borrow that one. Jon says HI back- He's doing great!

{Quellie} said...

We hope that she had a wonderful birthday! It sure looks like she did. You are an awesome mom to do all that great stuff for your kids. Isn't it amazing that you ARE as happy as your saddest child so you will do anything to keep them smiling!! Hope you are all doing well. I loved seeing new pictures!

Kitty said...

My birthday is soon! Your party looks like fun! Happy birthday!

erika said...

I love the idea of the decorate the door too.We also have a trampoline.Ours is in the ground.Tell her Happy Birthday from us.

Sondra said...

I know what you mean about worrying about the trampolines. My bro Trenton broke his arm on the one at my dad's house. We had a tramp for about 5 years and the kids played on it more than anything else, and they never got hurt. Then we got our german shorthair pup, Buddy, and he chewed the tramp up. We miss it.

Kaycee sure is pretty. Our Dakota just turned 10 a week ago (but he's a boy). All of your girls are just the prettiest! How does your hubby stand being surrounded by so much beauty!

Deb-t said...

Krimtinal---
(No that's not Spanish for anything, it's just a wierd name some crazy lady gave Karmen once...)
Loved seeing you guys this weekend! I can't stand it that kids keep growing up and getting older. That means we are too, dang it.
Good job on the tramp. It's the hit around our house, too. Just make Kaycee drink lots of milk so her bones can handle the cracking and breaking! hee hee.
P.S. I'm happy to hear Britney Spears on your playlist. I know she's skanky and hookery and has a horrible rep but somehow I still like her a LOT!

Ruuddudes said...

HEY! Why didn't I ever know about the door decorating tradition??? Am I too late to start???

As for the pinata, on my birthday, you all said my pinata looked like me, so I am just wondering if Kaycee's was meant to look like HER!! So cute, Kaycee!!! Happy Birthday, pretty lady!

erika said...

Hey Can we come and visit you guys this summer?Miss you on my blog!

Kris said...

She is such a cute girl!! Love that cute monkey pinata. I really like your cute door decorating tradition. I might have to try that one.

Kitty said...

I wanted to come :( !