Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dying Eggs, Hunting for Eggs, Singing to Grandpa, Going to Church, Eating Cadbury Eggs and Egg-Salad Sandwiches

It looks as if Easter Weekend has come and gone, and boy was it early this year! We had to pull out the winter hats and scarves just to have an Easter Egg Hunt! Brian's dad turned 60 so all of Brian's family was in town for a surprise birthday party for him. While here, we had all the Pope cousins at our home for an Easter Egg Hunt. We had nearly 200 hidden eggs; the kids found them all in record time as they tried to hurry in from the cold! Sunday morning the Easter Bunny left a few good things, including a new outfit for the girls (instead of the usual Easter dress...he must have noticed that they have enough dresses in their closets!) and our Sunday lessons were very nice and focused on the Savior and His Resurrection. And we finally finished eating the last colorful hard-boiled egg! Farewell Easter of 2008!
 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

MikeG Family said...

Your girls all look great in their new Easter outfits! Glad you guys had a great Easter...you'll have to teach me how to celebrate Holidays again - I've forgotten! Mike's never been one for celebrating them - they're "a waste of money." BORING! And Braiden was too young this year to understand anything, but I'm bound and determined to make Holidays a blast at my house, even if Mike is grumpy about it! Anyway, I love the "old" candle on Brian's Dad's cake - hilarious!

Doney Days said...

Too cute! I still can't get over how grown up your girls are! Are we really getting old? I still feel like I should be like 23.

Tracy Beckett said...

Cute pictures,Karmen--looks like lots of fun. That's neat that your Pope family all got together. And you have the perfect yard for an awesome easter egg hunt!

Deb-t said...

Love the pictures! Funny that I know all of you in them.....You stole my neighbors!
Anyway, I noticed how LONG Briana's hair is getting. It's absolutely beautiful!
Easter was a little gay because of the cold, I agree.
Oh, and I second Heather. We are old now but I will forever act like I'm 23. Bet on it!

Ruuddudes said...

These pictures are amazing! Bridger made a cute comment... He looked at that first picture of Briana in her pink shirt with sunglasses on top of her head, and he said, "Don't think I have a crush on my cousin or anything, but Briana looks pretty cute!" hee hee!

val said...

What a fun Easter collage! Your girls all look so grown up...and yes, I think 23 is the perfect age for all of us to be!

Kessee said...

Love the Easter pics. Karmen you are such a cute mom. Your girls must adore you. I know I do!