Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bruneau Sand Dunes and Balanced Rock


It's President's Day, no one has to work or go to school...what do you do?! Well, I was GOING to catch up on laundry, clean house and paint my bedroom, but who wants to do that?! Brian had us pack a few snacks, some warm clothes and get in the truck for a family outing. And then we drove...and drove...and suddenly we were at the Bruneau Sand Dunes. Apparently my Dad took us here when we were younger (but I don't really remember it!). It probably would have been extremely fun, but the wind was so strong that we couldn't even talk to each other, seriously, or we would have a mouthful of sand! It was beautiful and we did have some family fun. But we were still finding sand in our ears, in our pockets, you name it...for days and days! After the Sand Dunes, we stopped for a hike up to Balanced Rock, but Kelsie and I decided to stay in the truck while Brian, Briana and Kaycee trekked it! I'm really not a wimp (or pregnant, as Debbie thinks!), but someone needed to stay with Kelsie, who REFUSED to get back out in the cold and wind! Fun times, I tell ya!

7 comments:

Deb-t said...

Oh....well, this picture has way more pictures of you than the post before so I will shut up now. And HEY! I haven't mentioned you being prego in a while now... I don't even think I said anything to you when you guys were down for the Jazz game!? Anyway...are you? Nah. Me neither. Boo hoo!

Jon and Katie said...

What happened to St. George? To think we could have been there. Man!

Brenda Campbell Hansen said...

Hey, we've been talking about going back to the Dunes, we'll have to meet up there sometime (hopefully when it's not so windy) We went when Alyssa was a baby and camped out. It's about time to go back for us...are ya in???

Tiff George said...

I can't say I blame you and Kelsie for staying in the truck. This looks like a fun place to be, and that balanced rock is pretty cool, but I would've joined you two in the truck on such a windy day!

val said...

I'm glad you ventured out on your day off! I'm really bad at 'catching up on cleaning' on days off, and not having a lot of fun. Glad you did, even though it was windy! Dang wind and sand don't mix at all! Hope you had lots of treats to eat while you waited in the truck...

Allie said...

Those are cute pictures! The balanced rock looks really cool. I am glad it didn't fall and squish Brian and Briana and Kaycee! The truck also sounds pretty fun! :)

ركن كلين said...

خدمة ركن كلين لمكافحة الحشرات ورش المبيدات بالرياض
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الفئران بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالرياض
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الثعابين بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الحمام بالرياض
شركة رش دفان بالرياض
شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض