Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Break in Moab...(it's over already?!)

(SLIDE SHOW BELOW)
We just returned from a very fun and relaxing time in beautiful Moab...and guess what...we didn't even bring the jeep! That's right, we took a little family vacation and hung out in Brian's favorite place...Moab, Utah. Now that we live in Burley, it takes quite a while to drive to Moab, so we drove to Price, stayed in a nice little hotel where we swam and swam and got "swimming" out of the girl's system. Then we went to Moab and stayed in our favorite little tiny cabin at Moab Valley RV Park.

Our biggest problem was the weather...we were hoping to wear our capri's, but instead we had to pull out the winter clothes because it was so cold! Our first day in Moab, we hiked the most gorgeous trail I've ever seen...Little Wild Horse Canyon in the San Rafael Swell. It's actually the 7th most beautiful hike in the U.S. A lot of the hike you are seriously walking between two canyons and there is only like 2 feet to walk between! It was definitely the best part of our trip. You don't want to be on this trail if it starts to rain, though, because flash floods can go ripping through those steep walls and wash you away! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! (Watch the slide show below, but the pictures do NOT do it justice! I'll have to post some pictures from Brian's camera, he got a lot of better shots!)

We then went to Goblin Valley and if you've never been there...you should make the trip! There are a ton of weird looking rocks that you can hike on and play on. Kaycee and Kelsie were "playing house" in all the cool rocks and caves. Check out the slide show, but once again, the pictures do NOT do it justice!
Brian, Briana and Kaycee hiked up to Fisher Towers, while Kelsie and I stayed in the truck, where it was warm, and watched Care Bear movies! I'll have to get Brian's camera to show their adventure!

We also saw some gorgeous arches...Jug Handle Arch, Wine Glass Arch, Looking Glass Arch, and some tiny little arches that Briana named "Tiny Arch 1, Tiny Arch 2, and Tiny Arch 3". Oh, and of course we checked out the Indian writings in and around Moab.

We tried to go on the LaSal Loop, but it was too blizzardy! Luckily we were able to go to the Minor Overlook and the Anticline Overlook in the Needles. Amazing canyons and rock layers! And of course our trip to Moab wouldn't be complete without eating at the Diner...the Moab Diner, that is! This is our favorite place to eat, visit, eat, and visit some more!

The girls' favorite part was shopping at the cute little souvenir shops in Moab and then, as we were driving through Salt Lake, stopping at the South Towne Mall for a little more shopping. While we were at the Mall, we ran into Tiffany and Braiden, Mindy, Allie, and Maddie! It was so fun to visit and shop for a minute with them! (Thanks Mindy and Tiffany for helping me pick out some cute things for the girls for Easter!) What are the odds of running into your family members at the mall in another state?! I guess when your family is as big as ours, it's possible! Now, it's back to real life again...Spring Break just goes too quickly!

13 comments:

Traci said...

What a fun trip, even if the weather wasn't the best, which is a bummer though! I love Goblin Valley. I have been there in high school for a field trip. One day I need to take my tykes there!
Your girls are adorable. Loved all your pics!

val said...

Wow, what fabulous pics! I'm so glad you had such a fun trip...I've never been to Moab, and need you to come with and be my tour guide, yes? Can't believe you saw family at the mall, fun! Also, your girls are all growing up on me...beauties, all of you!

{Quellie} said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I was so jealous you went to Gobblin Valley. I LOVE IT THERE! Playing flashlight tag there is the best! We just talked to our neighbor about going on a trip there. I hope we do. Glad you're home safe and had a good time!

Doney Days said...

Looks like fun. Dan's family talks about Goblin Valley all the time, but I've never been there and never seen pictures of it. It looks pretty cool, even if I'm not an outdoorsy girl (well I am if I'm outside at Disneyland). We're heading to St. George today. In fact, I should be packing right now, but instead I'm blogging! Maybe I'll run into Val or Guppy! Your girls are so freakin' cute!

k8shoe said...

Fun to get away even though it was chilly. A vacation sounds great right now! Oh, and where are the pictures on the slide show? I missed them!

MikeG Family said...

That was so much fun to run into you guys at the mall. It was such a big surprise! Your trip sounds like it was a blast. Mike always wants to go to Moab, too, but I'm not sure we'd know what to do, either. Like Val said - maybe you'd have to be our tour guides, too! Can't wait to see the beautiful pics!

Summer said...

sounds like so much fun! I too have wanted to go there for awhile, so I'll have to get some good advice from you if we ever do. can't wait to see the pics!

Allie said...

That was so stinking fun to see you guys at the mall! Can't wait until the family reunion!

Katrina said...

I'm glad you had fun in Moab. My family and I love it there. We went once when it was full blown summer. That was hot! But it was fun anyway. My daughters like hot places. But I'd recommend going when it isn't 108 degrees!

Camille said...

How fun! I have never been to Moab, you make it sound fabulous! I guess we need to get down there sometime!

erika said...

I love the slideshow.I need to learn how to do.

Ruuddudes said...

I LOVE the slideshow! There are so many pics that look model perfect! That one of you and Brian alone is to die for. You should blow it up and put it somewhere... Okay, now I'll go back and actually read this post. I was so enthralled by the slideshow, that's as far as I got! :)

Ruuddudes said...

I just have your slideshow going on the computer, and Brig walked past & squealed, "ANNA! KAYCEE!" and made me pick him up to look at it closer. Now I'm stuck here while he watched this slideshow over and over and over and over :)